Moving head light is an important type of light. It plays a role in setting off the atmosphere, rendering the stage mood, and mobilizing the mood of the scene in performing arts activities, so it is widely used.
Moving head light is a kind of more sophisticated equipment, which integrates electronics, machinery, and optics. It has high requirements on the environment, transportation, and use, so its failure rate is also high. Here is an analysis of the possible causes based on the failure phenomenon, for the reference of relevant personnel.
No response at boot
1. Whether the power supply is normal and whether the power cord of the lamp is off;
2. Whether the fuse is burned out;
3. Whether the switching power supply have an output voltage.
Bulb does not turn on at boot
1. First judge the quality of the bulb, whether the distance between the two poles in the bulb sphere is too long, whether there is air leakage (a milky white inside the glass bulb), and check whether the bulb is loose;
2. When the lamp is in the state of ignition, measure whether the output of the ignition voltage of the main board is normal. Normally, the voltage is generally 10-12 volts.
3.If the above two points are correct, measure whether there is an about 380V AC voltage output at the moment when the electronic ballast is tapped. If there is an output, it indicates that the ballast is good, so you can directly determine that the trigger has a problem.
After working for a period of time, the lamp will automatically reset
1. The output voltage of the switching power supply is unstable;
2. The wire in the line is loose or the wire is not pressed tightly, resulting in poor contact and automatic reset.
The bulb automatically extinguished
1. The bulb automatically extinguished and automatically turn on after a period of time. Check whether the heat dissipation system is working properly. If the heat dissipation system fails, the temperature inside the lamp will be too high, and the temperature control switch will automatically trip to ensure the safe use of the lamp. When the electronic lighting is turned off, the lamp will automatically light up when the temperature of the lamp body drops.
2. After the bulb is extinguished, the bulb cannot be automatically lit: the bulb itself is a problem, the surface of the bulb sphere is white, the inside is black, and the bulb will be extinguished after the bulb is lit for a period of time (the bulb life ends)
3. When the lamp has no control signal for a long time, it will also appear bulb extinguished and automatic protection, the lamp will be automatically lighted after the signal is turned on.
Jam, shaking and lost position appear when using the function of GOBO wheel, color wheel, prism, focus and zoom.
1. The jam is usually caused by mechanical reasons (except for CMY color chips). When the CMY color chip is broken, it will fall off, which will affect the normal operation of other color chips. At this time, the phenomenon of color chip jam will occur: such as Deformation of the pattern wheel, color wheel, loosening and falling off of the fixing part screws, ejection of the compression spring of the fixed pattern, etc., will cause the jam.
2. Shaking and lost position: the screw is loose or falling off, the chip of the channel on the main board is burned out, the motor wire is poorly contacted, the broken skin is short-circuited to the ground, and the motor itself is faulty.
Horizontal and vertical (X/Y axis) lost position
1. There is too much dust on the optical sensor, which causes the infrared light to be uncontrollable;
2. The optical sensor is damaged, the distance between the optical sensor and the optical sensor wheel is improperly adjusted(the optical sensor should be in the middle of the optical sensor wheel without scratches and bumps when troubleshooting)
The above is the cause analysis of some common failures. In fact, to reduce the occurrence of failures, normal maintenance is essential. Brief introduction of a few points things that need to be paid attention to in daily maintenance as following:
1. For optical components, first use a vacuum cleaner or blowing air bag to gently blow off the surface dust, use odorless tissue paper or a cotton cloth soaked with clean water to wipe off particulate matter, use cotton cloth or odorless paper soaked with Iso-propanol to remove smoke and residue. Use distilled water for the final cleaning, and then wipe dry with a soft cotton cloth;
2. Parts with coated color film, pattern film and optical lens, as the surface of the film layer is very fragile, it is easy to scratch, so do not use destructive solvents for cleaning;
3. Frequently replace the air filter cotton to keep it in the best ventilating state and enhance the heat dissipation of the lamp;
4. The moving head light should be handled gently to avoid collisions, falls, etc.;
5. Do not use in places with a lot of wind, sand and dust;
6. The supply voltage should be stable, and the long-term supply voltage around 240 volts to consider using a regulated power supply;
7. After the performance, use the console to extinguish the bulb, and let the lamp continue to work for a period of time without cutting off the power supply (let the fan in the lamp continue to work to reduce the temperature inside the lamp);
8. After the mobility performance, it should be put into a special air box to prevent moisture and shock, and the fixed computer lights should be dust-proof and shock-proof.
Post time: Mar-18-2022